Overview of the Close Frame Resource
The ability to shut down entire branches is the main use of this resource. Note that ALL resources in that frame will deactivate when a frame is closed.
|Frame||Specify the frame to close.|
|Timer||Have a timer count down to the frame closing.|
Example in the Headset:
Here is an example in my workshop. I have a prompt that will show up if the learner has not taken an expected action and they need to in order to progress. In this case, they need to put on the hard hat.
There is a frame called "hardhat prompt" that would send a notification "remember to put on your hardhat". You could put a timer condition on this (30 seconds) so that it gives the trainee some time to figure it out on their own. If the trainee takes the hardhat action before the 30-second timer is up, we don't want that notification to show, so on close of the equip action, we close that "hardhat prompt" frame.
- In this example, I've used the Equip Hardhat Tutorial.
- After the frame where the equip resource is used, I've created a sub-frame For the Reminder.
- Add a timer to wait until the reminder is played.
- Added Notification resource to display the reminder:
- Next, I've added a sub-frame to the Reminder with the Close Frame Resource.
- The Object Event - Script Object is the safety hat Equip.
- The Close Frame is for the Reminder:
In the headset, if the learner doesn't put on the hat within 30 seconds, they see the Notification:
If the learner does put on their hat in the 30 seconds, they will not see the notification as the frame will close.