Overview of the Look At Resource
The Look At resource positions a character towards a target. This resource is a type of Character Action.
|Character||Specifies the character doing the looking.|
|Target||Specifies the scene object that the character looks at.|
|Transition Duration||Specifies how long the transition is into the Look At animation.|
|Look Amount||Total look amount multiplier for the rest of the settings (between 0 and 1 - one being strongest).|
|Body Weight||Amount body turns toward the target.|
|Head Weight||Amount head turns toward the target.|
|Eyes Weight||Amount eyes turn toward the target.|
|Hold Duration||Specifies how long the character holds its gaze.|
|Exit Duration||Specifies how long the character transitions out of its gaze.|
|Priority||Gives action priority if there is more than one.|
Example in the Headset:
In the Workshop scene, I want Ted to look at the speaker for a few seconds.
- In the Scene Objects frame, I've added the speaker as an object using the Scene Object resource:
- Next, ensure the character (Ted) is spawned.
- Add the Look At resource to a frame.
- Add Ted as the character.
- Set the Target; in this case the speaker.
- Determine Body/Head/Eyes weight by testing (optional).
- Determine Hold Duration (optional):
- In the headset, you'll see the position of Ted and the speaker. Ted will look at the speaker for 3 seconds and then stop looking.