Customize the position of scene assets
Please note this feature is currently in an experimental phase.
Now you can set the location of spawned assets within the headset with VR Editor! This allows for custom placement within the environment.
- Open a project in StoryFlow.
In our example from the video above, we want to move an N95 face mask in the Workshop scene.
- Open the appropriate script where you want the object to be located.
- Add the item as an object to the script:
- Save your changes in StoryFlow.
- Go into your headset.
- Open the project.
- Open Admin->VR Editor (left flat button).
- Click on Connect.
- Go to the URL shown on your screen https://id-staging.storyflow.dev/device
- Enter your user code as directed, or use the same login as you do for StoryFlow:
- Click on Scripts:
- Under Editable Scripts, click on the name of your script that has the object in it.
- Under Resources, choose the object you want to place.
- With your controller, move the object to the desired location.
- Use your arm menu to Save:
To use the Arm Menu, turn your left palm to the ceiling so that you are looking at the underside of your arm. You will see three options: Bring to Front, Reset, and Save. Then use your right controller to choose the option you'd like.
- Click on the menu button (left flat button) and Exit Edit Mode.
- Launch the same script and see the object in the new location.