Customize the position of anchors within a scene
Please note this feature is currently in an experimental phase.
If the video is too small, mouse over the bottom right and click on the fullscreen icon after you hit play.
Now you can set the location of your Positional Anchors within the headset with VR Editor! This allows for custom placement within the environment. If you'd like to learn more about how Positional Anchors help with authoring, click here.
- Open a project in StoryFlow.
- Go to your anchor catalog within the catalog area and open the Named Positional Anchors folder (or create one if it doesn't exist).
Named anchor: Anchor that exists inside the APK (predetermined) and not configurable with the VR Editor.
Named positional anchor: These are configurable with the VR Editor.
- Create a new anchor (you can do this process with an existing one as well as long as it is in the Named Positional Anchor catalog).
- Save your changes in StoryFlow.
- Go into your headset.
- Open the project.
- Open Admin->VR Editor (left flat button).
- Click on Connect.
- Go to the URL shown on your screen https://id-staging.storyflow.dev/device
- Enter your user code as directed, or use the same login as you do for StoryFlow:
- Click on Catalogs:
- Click on the name of your anchor catalog.
- Choose the anchor you want to edit.
- You will see your anchor as a green, spiked circle.
- Use your arm menu to Bring to Front and now it will be right in front of you:
To use the Arm Menu, turn your left palm to the ceiling so that you are looking at the underside of your arm. You will see three options: Bring to Front, Reset, and Save. Then use your right controller to choose the option you'd like.
- Move the green circle to the location you want the anchor to be.
- Use your arm menu to Save.
- Click on the menu button (left flat button) and Exit Edit Mode.
- Open StoryFlow and navigate back to the anchor you modified.
- Refresh your browser.
- Note that your anchor now has fixed position coordinates based on the custom location: