Overview of the Set Object Properties Resource
The Set Object Properties resource changes the specific properties of a scene object. This resource can be used to make a scene object visible or not, or, change the light properties of a light asset.
There are two different properties that this resource can manipulate.
- Light Properties
The Visibility property, when unchecked, can make a scene object invisible. Though the object is still in the scene, it cannot be seen by the user.
The Light property can be used to change the light properties of a light asset (will not work on other assets). The author can adjust the light's intensity, color, and range.
Specifies the objects in the scene to be modified
Specifies the property to be changed.
There are two different types of properties that can be changed: Visibility, and Light properties.
In the workshop scenario, I want to make the safety hat invisible to the learner and I want a green light to emit from the light fixture.
- Create a new script, or use an existing script. I've created a separate script to keep things organized.
- Add the scene objects that you will be customizing. I've added a new frame for Scene Objects and then added the safety hat and the light:
- Next, I created a new frame for the object properties. For the Safety Hat, I set the World Object as the hat and chose the Visibility option. Then, I left the Visibility box unchecked (this means invisible).
- For the light asset, I set the World Object as the lights, chose Light Properties from the Properties list, and then determined my light properties:
- After saving and testing in the headset, this was the result: