Use the voice input resource.
In this tutorial, we will continue working with the conversation script to create a short branching dialog scenario. The employee has been bored and distracted at meetings. The trainee will practice using clear and direct, behaviour-focused feedback (AKA, "clean" feedback) to encourage the employee to improve.
Step 1: Edit the Opening Screen Message
In order to set the scene for the trainee, let's update the opening message.
- Navigate back to your Welcome Message script.
- You will find the opening message in the "Welcome Message" script.
- Edit the text field to something like:
"Stacey has been distracted at meetings. You noticed her playing a game on her phone at a team meeting this morning and she was texting a friend during a meeting last Thursday. She was supposed to present quarterly results at this morning's meeting and she was unprepared and low-energy. You need to provide this feedback and identify some action items that might improve this behaviour."
STOP: Save and test in the headset. You should see your new opening message.
Step 2: Add a Voice Input Resource
After the employee says "No problem, what can I do for you?" the trainee should get right to the important conversation.
- Open the Conversation script.
- Create a new frame that opens after the "No Problem"/"Thank the character for coming in" frame and character dialog resource closes:
- Drag and drop a "Voice Input" resource into this frame.
Ideally, we would like the trainee to use specific feedback with concrete examples when addressing their concern. We have created an intent called "SpecificFeedbackTime" that listens for language around a timeframe like "In this morning's meeting" or "Last Thursday during our standup" etc.
- Use the intent "SpecificFeedbackTime" in the Voice Input Resource:
- To complete this step, create a custom object event that occurs when the trainee uses specific feedback. We'll name the event 'Specific Feedback":
Step 3: Create a Subframe that Opens when this Intent is Recognized
When the trainee uses language recognized as specific feedback, the character will respond a certain way.
- Add a response by clicking the '+' beside the custom event "Specific Feedback" in the voice input resource:
This will create a new subframe that opens when this event fires:
- Add a "Dialog" resource to this frame and have your character respond.
- Use the "Yeah you're right" line:
- STOP: Save and test in the headset. Now, try to use specific feedback with a timeframe. The employee should respond accordingly.
In the Headset
This is what your scenario will look like so far: